Seeking the Sacred

Continually seeking God brings us an awareness of the sacred in all we see.

8/15/2006

Introduction with Poem/Prayer

This poem I wrote today reflects where I recently went with a loved one and how God brought me through it because I was open to Him.

Darkness and the Light

The darkness has abducted her
  I hear it in her voice
  I see it in her conduct
  I know it by her words

The darkness recognizes her
  She clings to it
  She allows it to breathe in her
  She bows to its power

The darkness is gluttonous and demands more
  I struggle to resist
  She pulls to take me along
  My pleas she will not hear

The darkness swallows and feeds
  Its vortex spins
  clutching me within
  and though I have joined her, I am alone

Suddenly, unexpected illumination
  from the gaze of creation
  delivering to me hope
  confirming I am not alone

You have been there all along
  In my childhood you wiped my tears
  Today you strengthen and fill me
  Tomorrow you will guide me

All along I kept the secrets locked
  but you were there and know them all
All along I thought I was worthless
  but you deemed me worthy
All along I suffered in silence
  but now I come to you in prayer

Hold me, Father, and let me not forget the goodness of your being. Give me the faith I need to reach out to you when the darkness shadows my life. Allow me to feel my hand in yours when I feel I am alone. Help me to be the person you envision me to be. - Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home